Railroad Forums 

• Question about Taunton MA

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#251475  by StevieC48

Hope this isnt a stupid question. I moved to Taunton in Febuary and CSX goes through our town. Is there a schedule or days and approximate times on when I can catch them going throught town and what freq do they use/ Thanks Stevie

#251568  by Robert Paniagua

There are some freights working like B725 or B729, but CSX Conductor may tell you exactly what goes on. Not to mention, Amtrak's old Cape Codder used to go right thru Taunton and even had a station there, but CSX uses that track a lot.

#251619  by CSX Conductor

Actually B725 is FR35 which carries cars between Framingham & Attleboro.

B726 (MI-1) travels the Middleboro Secondary through Taunton to Attleboro with all the cars headed for Selkirk and then interchanges with B725 @ Attleboro on the Amtrak Northeast Corridor and after doing some swicthing heads back towards Middleboro. B726 goes on duty @ 1930 hours Sunday-Thursday @ Middleboro.

B727 (MI-2) goes to work M-F @ 0630 hours and occasionally goes to Taunton to do customer work in the Myles Standish Industrial Park. :wink:

The third local which works out of Middleboro is B729 (MI-3) which goes to wrok at Middleboro M-F @ 0730 hours and works the MBCR Middleboro Line to Braintree.

#251653  by StevieC48

Thanks for the info

#270794  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

hey stevie, you are probably the best 1 to answer this question, what time does B726 usually go trhough Taunton on weekday nights? ive seen them at 1030 and sometimes 1000, but do you have a more exact time? thanks

#284302  by wog820

How many customers are in Myles Standish? I went exploring there, didn't see anything but brush on most of it, but the lead at Attleboro Jct. looks used. :(

#284376  by bunky

One of the cold storage warehouses gets cars. I forgot which one it is but I will look at lunch. I think they use the runaround at the end of the spur by John Hancok Rd. sometimes when they switch the warehouse. I have seen the dirt turned up in the flangeways a couple of times. Last time I walked out there was two reefers in the siding.

#284434  by bunky

The Ager warehouse is the one that gets cars. There is at least one car in ther now.

#284510  by wog820

Thank's for the Info, when I get more time I'd like to catch them switching there, but if they're the only place that gets cars it kinda isn't worth the time to chase them :(