Railroad Forums 

• Question About A Bridge.......

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#38919  by jmp883

I believe the name of the bridge was the Hometown Trestle. Was this on the CNJ? I have a b/w picture of a steam excursion on the bridge in the early 70's but it only shows the bridge deck and doesn't state anything about the line the bridge is on. From the picture it appears to be a rather long and high structure, maybe comparable to Moodna Viaduct.

Anyone have information and/or pictures?

Thanks,

Joe P :D
Long Live The EL
www.geocities.com/jmpwpd29
 #38965  by jmp883

Wasn't expecting an answer that fast, thanks. One more quick one, if I may. Is this trackage still in place and still in service?

Joe P :D
Long Live The EL!
www.geocities.com/jmpwpd29
 #38968  by Urban D Kaye

jmp883 wrote:Wasn't expecting an answer that fast, thanks. One more quick one, if I may. Is this trackage still in place and still in service?
Yes and yes. Reading & Northern uses it.

There are even some excursions planned for October that include a ride over Hometown Trestle. Check out the Reading & Northern's web page...

http://www.readingnorthern.com/

...and buy those tickets early.