Railroad Forums 

• Q264

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#208176  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

I have a question about the power of Q264, this looks like it is the same power on Q264 from last week, now my question is when does Q264 usually get to Framingham and what train does the power usually go out on ?

matt

#208581  by johnpbarlow

I think Q264 power heads west as Q283, which hauls empty multi-levels from Framingham/E Brookfield to Buffalo.

Question: I drove past the CP yard in Framingham and it was completely empty. Are MLs no longer being unloaded for Toyota at Framingham?

#208655  by CSX Conductor

Q264 usually runs Cleveland to Selkirk with either foreign power or CSXT power without cab signals and requires adding an engine with cab signals at Selkirk. The power from Q264 returns west on Q283 the next morning and sometimes the lead unit is taken off at Selkirk if there is a need for engines with cab signals since west of Selkirk is flat and non-cab-signalled territory.

As for the CP Yard, yes it is dead. As of about two weeks ago the Toyotas were relocated to East Brookfield. :( Hopefully we will get some of that business back when the auto companies realize that East Brookfield cannot handle the volume.

There is also rumor that Ford wants to leave Guilford (in Ayer). Supposedly they would like to go to the CP Yard.