Railroad Forums 

• PRR Tracks along Schuylkill

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#24171  by blueduck577

Are the ex-PRR Schuylkill tracks that are still intact around Spring Mill still see freight service?

#24258  by rushhour

Where is Spring Mill located?

#24739  by glennk419

Those tracks used to see a couple of boxcars a month which were spotted at the foam plant across from Lee Park. I have not seen any rail activity there in the last year or so and the rails are pretty rusted over. I don't believe the paper plant in Miquon sees any freight activity either so there's no longer any freight service south of Norristown.

Rushhour - Spring Mill is located at the south end of Conshohocken. It is also the next Septa R-6 (ex-RDG) station south of Conchy. The freight tracks traverse the ex-Pennsy ROW for only a few hundred yards.

#24759  by Urban D Kaye

Was recently down at Spring Mill for the first time ... actually I was hoping there would still be an old RDG station there, as at Miquon and Shawmont. But found only an ugh-lee shelter courtesy of Septa.

Was disappointed to see that Lee Tire is now an "office campus" ... please someone take that bloodless and sterile term out behind the barn and shoot it. But I s'pose it's better that it being torn down ... or replaced by a Blinds To Go.

As for the PRR section, that looked pretty dead.