Railroad Forums 

• PRR/NS Middle Division

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#510833  by bwparker1

I received an inquiry from a 30 year old Norwegian railfan who will be visiting the PRR Middle Division by car in early March. He actually leaves tomorrow to fly to the area from Norway and will be in the area for about 2 weeks. I though I could start this thread as a reference for him. If anyone has any tips, websites, general information about rail-fanning the ex-PRR, currently Norfolk Southern division between Harrisburg, PA and Pittsburgh, PA, please feel free to post this information here. Horseshoe curve, the east and west slope, Rockville, Enola, Pittsburgh, Conway, etc. are all fair game.

Also, if there is anyone willing to meet him for a 1/2 day of rail-fanning or serve as a guide, please contact me via a PM. My wife just had our second child, a healthy boy on 2/25, so I am housebound for at least the next 6 weeks.

Thank you,
BWP

#511134  by cjvrr

I can't help the Norwegian visitor, but I wanted to say congrats to you and your family Brooks!

#511381  by Andyt293

cjvrr wrote:I can't help the Norwegian visitor, but I wanted to say congrats to you and your family Brooks!
Ditto!

#523598  by thebigham

How was his trip??

Chris