• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by blockline4180

ErieLimited2914 wrote:
NYS&W142Fan wrote:I'm not sure how many times H-02 goes to Washington, but I think it is around 3 times per week. (Others can answer that better than I can)
As far as M&M's, last I knew since they broke a rail on their siding a few years ago, they do not directly receive rail shipments. It is my understanding they do receive some shipments that come into NYGK Logistics in Mansfield and then truck the product over to Hackettstown. They also receive sugar that comes down on the NYS&W to Sparta and have that trucked from there. One would think it would be more fiscally prudent to fix the siding and put in a spot to unload sugar than to pay the trucking fees. Who knows with the price of fuel, they may finally come to their senses.
If the sugar comes down the NYSW, why not put the Pompton Industrial (ex-Greenwood Lake Division) back in and interchange with NS at Mt. View to ship to M&M Mars? Seems like a logical thing if the money was there to do it.
Yeah, then NS can start running through freights from Allentown over the WASS and up the NYSW then down into Croxton yard, etc.............

Seriously, keep dreaming!!!!
  by gravelyfan

H-02 east through Mt. Arlington at 1:35 with 3010 and 11 cars.
  by gravelyfan

Thursday night H-02 tied up on the Wye at Denville, 3010 and 2 tank cars.
  by ErieLimited2914

When does H-02 run down to the Totowa Industrial now? I went a week or so ago around 10am from the last time I saw it (summer) and it never showed. Does it run in the afternoon now?

And when can I catch H65? That'd I'd like to give a good chase to.
  by gravelyfan

ErieLimited2914 wrote:When does H-02 run down to the Totowa Industrial now? I went a week or so ago around 10am from the last time I saw it (summer) and it never showed. Does it run in the afternoon now?
I would think Thursday would be a good bet. They came east through Mt. Arlington on Wednesday afternoon with at least a dozen covered hoppers. I'd guess at least some of them are destined for the Totowa.

There is also quite a collection of cars in the yard at Dietrich in Boonton so I'd expect them to spend some time there also.
  by Chrisgr

[quote="ErieLimited2914"]When does H-02 run down to the Totowa Industrial now? I went a week or so ago around 10am from the last time I saw it (summer) and it never showed. Does it run in the afternoon now?

H-02 at the Totowa Industrial about 11:40 this morning with two cars. A covered hopper and a box car.
  by blockline4180

Chrisgr wrote:
ErieLimited2914 wrote:When does H-02 run down to the Totowa Industrial now? I went a week or so ago around 10am from the last time I saw it (summer) and it never showed. Does it run in the afternoon now?

H-02 at the Totowa Industrial about 11:40 this morning with two cars. A covered hopper and a box car.
Wow, Business is really booming let me tell you!!!!
  by badorder

Because of track work between Dover and Lake Hopatcong, the H-02 has been interchanging cars with the M&E at East Dover yard instead of Chester Jct., this should last for at least 2 more weeks.
The next to last Dietrich Metal boxcar was placed this morning,the last car is now enroute from Ohio. the plant was opened in 2004 and at one time had over 200 people working...sad, the building would make a great shop and display area for the URHS equipment which is just west about 1/2 mile at the West Boonton yard.
  by badorder

Last boxcar pulled out of Dietrich Metal framing At Boonton around 12:30PM today,the H-02 then went West to Denville where they left the cars on the wye and went East to Colgate.I quess they will return Friday AM and pick up the cars and go West to Washington.
  by blockline4180

badorder wrote:Last boxcar pulled out of Dietrich Metal framing At Boonton around 12:30PM today,the H-02 then went West to Denville where they left the cars on the wye and went East to Colgate.I quess they will return Friday AM and pick up the cars and go West to Washington.
Thanks for the heads up and the SAD news!!!! :-(
  by gravelyfan

3010 with 19 cars west through Mt. Arlington at 9:45.

It was neat to see the long string of empties sitting at Denville this morning, brought back memories of when this was commonplace in the late 1980's and early 1990's.
  by riffian

For those of us not in the know, can someone provide a rundown of remaining customers served by the H-02? Thanks.....
  by gravelyfan

Monday westbound through Mt. Arlington with 8 cars @ 9:20. Power was a 52xx GP 38-2
  by badorder

H-02 at Chester Jct. at 5:30pm with NS 5359 East NS3010 West , they had a 20 car train and set off 2 cars for the M&E, just found out today that the H-02 derailed a loaded hopper in Washington yard this past Friday. The cause was a broken rail, it was 80 pound rail made in Sept. 95.......1895 that is!
I quess you can say that they got their money 's worth from it.
  by gravelyfan

3:40 East by Mt. Arlington with 3010 and 12 cars