• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Chrisgr

H-02 at Mountain View 10:10 this morning with 4 covered hoppers and 2 tank cars.
  by gravelyfan

H=02's train is overnighting at Denville tonight.
  by nick11a

Uzi-Cat wrote:Word on the street is that this weekend (Sunday?) the HO2 is going to be bringing those camaro coaches from Port Morris west. They are headed out to Pueblo for crash duty.
Any updates on this? I wasn't able to go out today to see if there was any action.
  by badorder

Heard from a good source that there is a new customer on the Totowa Industrial Track, SMT Trucking Co. located in the Ex Race Plastics building across from Omega Warehouse.
They have at least one boxcar of bagged sugar coming up from Texas as we speak.How many cars they will be getting or how will they unload the car(there is no rail door on building or a dock) is anybody's guess.
Hope this brings the H-02 car count up alittle since they lost the Dietrich Company account last month.
  by blockline4180

badorder wrote:Heard from a good source that there is a new customer on the Totowa Industrial Track, SMT Trucking Co. located in the Ex Race Plastics building across from Omega Warehouse.
They have at least one boxcar of bagged sugar coming up from Texas as we speak.How many cars they will be getting or how will they unload the car(there is no rail door on building or a dock) is anybody's guess.
Hope this brings the H-02 car count up alittle since they lost the Dietrich Company account last month.

Good to hear...Although there was about 15 cars sitting in Washington yesterday.
  by jprez1963

HO2 east through Mansfield at 12:45pm with 15 cars
  by blockline4180

jprez1963 wrote:HO2 east through Mansfield at 12:45pm with 15 cars

100% covered hoppers??
  by gravelyfan

blockline4180 wrote:
jprez1963 wrote:HO2 east through Mansfield at 12:45pm with 15 cars

100% covered hoppers??
1 CN Box car, rest were covered hoppers
  by ns3010

There were three boxcars, a centerbeam, and about a dozen covered hoppers in Washington this morning. Two GP38-'s were also there, but I can't remember the numbers.
  by badorder

Not all the cars you see at Washington yard are covered hoppers, there are 8 high sided gons(rebuilt from ex N&W/NS flour hoppers) that are going to be loaded with scrap ties from last year's T & S project on the secondary.
Heard from someone who knows someone that the Royal Co. on the Totowa Spur is looking to lease another building next to
their building and put in another siding, they want to be able to unload 8 or 9 cars at a time...still haven't seen that sugar boxcar for the old Race building yet.
  by ns3010

I saw those in the yard, in addition to the cars I mentioned above. I meant to ask about those, but I forgot. Thanks for the info!
  by blocksignal

badorder wrote: Heard from someone who knows someone that the Royal Co. on the Totowa Spur is looking to lease another building next to
their building and put in another siding, they want to be able to unload 8 or 9 cars at a time...still haven't seen that sugar boxcar for the old Race building yet.

Regarding Royal any idea which building that will be? I know that Royal occupies a building with the address of 50 Maltese in Totowa and seems to share(?) that building space with some sort of piping company. There is a building to the left (West) of Royal addressed as 70 Maltese - would that be the building in question?

At the present time there seems to be an outdoor furniture outlet company occupying what used to be R.A.C.E. plastics. Is that the building that that new trucking company (SMT Trucking) is going to occupy? The siding is still intact as well as the switch off the TIS main. The boxcar in question may not have come up yet due to the fact that this outdoor furniture company still appears to be occupying that building. I do not live too far away from there and will check out what happens at that location from time to time during the next few weeks. I will update as needed.

Blocksignal.
  by jprez1963

HO2 went east through Hackettstown at 3pm with 3010 and SD38 3805 and 17 cars.
  by bk77

jprez1963 wrote:HO2 went east through Hackettstown at 3pm with 3010 and SD38 3805 and 17 cars.
Probably the first time an SD38 has ever been to Dover. Neat!
  by gravelyfan

H-02 west through Mount Arlington at 9:30 with 3010-3805 and 11 cars.