• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by njt4112

H02 dropped off a tankcar 3 covered hoppers and a boxcar on the siding in Denville around 245, they waited for a westbound on the M&E to pass then they locked up the siding and then crossed over to the M&E west of denville and headed east (i assume to colgate) on the westboud track with a tankcar leading then a boxcar then 3010
  by njt4112

Hear H-02 blowing the horn down in Denville at 4:00
  by blockline4180

Apparently H02 went to Colgate today... Caught him heading west through Denville coming off the M&E at around 3:15.
  by jprez1963

I went by Washington Yard at 4pm and there were 2 widecabs in the yard.
  by blockline4180

jprez1963 wrote:I went by Washington Yard at 4pm and there were 2 widecabs in the yard.

Yes, and about 13 cars for H02 to bring back.
  by blocksignal

I went over to Totowa about 9:30 AM this past Tuesday to see what was going on along the Totowa Industrial Spur.

I saw from the Taft Road grade crossing what looked to be an MOW vehicle of some sort moving/picking up ties near Royal. No H02 action. There were many covered hoppers @ Royal. Some were spotted all the way to the end of a siding near the 2nd building Royal has apparently leased (An old pickling company) @ 20 West End Ave.

No boxcars @ TMS (formerly Race Plastics).

2 covered hoppers were parked behind Golds Gym along Furler Street in Totowa.

Is H02 still drilling the TIS on Tuesdays or have they switched to Thursdays? I have not seen them recently on Tuesdays. Do they come by in the morning or afternoon?

Blocksignal.
  by bk77

blocksignal wrote:
Is H02 still drilling the TIS on Tuesdays or have they switched to Thursdays? I have not seen them recently on Tuesdays. Do they come by in the morning or afternoon?

Blocksignal.
"Chuxter" posted a couple weeks ago that the H-02 now goes on duty at 1pm due to track work on the Washington Secondary. A friend of mine who works for the M&E says the Morristown town job has been commonly getting back late due to NJT track work, which I would also figure into H-02's late start time.
  by riffian

Is Georgia Pacific in Denville still a customer??
  by chuxter26

H02 is back to 7a.m on duty....Geoegia Pacific is now Bluelinx..still getting cars
  by gravelyfan

H-02 west through Mt. Arlington at 10:30 with 17 cars
  by chuxter26

Big shoes to fill.........................................................................
  by pdtrains

Does anyone know which days H02 usually gets down to Washington?

thx
  by ns3010

pdtrains wrote:Does anyone know which days H02 usually gets down to Washington?

thx
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
  by blockline4180

JohnFPorcaro wrote:Hey, that's not The Don!!!!!!!!!!!! driving 3010.

Who can it be?

http://www.97wwdj.com/082311.jpg
HA! Nice!