• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by gravelyfan

H-02 went west on Thursday afternoon and came back through Mt. Arlington around 1:30 Friday. Looks like they have a scale test car with them.
  by badorder

The scale test car is at East Dover Yard..maybe till tuesday or Wed. when the H-02 goes West???
  by gravelyfan

bk77 wrote:A scale test car in Dover??
I *think* Nova has a scale (in Mansfield, west of Hackettstown). Probably just came east with the rest of the cars as they usually drill there going east.

The test car went west on Tuesday's train.

Tuesday's eastbound came through Mt. Arlington at 5:20 with 21 cars including a reefer, presumably for Polaner/B&G on the M&E.
  by Ken S.

3010 and a cut of cars were laid up in Denville when I was there at 7:45ish.
  by bk77

gravelyfan wrote:
bk77 wrote:A scale test car in Dover??
I *think* Nova has a scale (in Mansfield, west of Hackettstown). Probably just came east with the rest of the cars as they usually drill there going east.

The test car went west on Tuesday's train.
Thanks for the answer! Interesting to know as I'm not familiar at all with what customers exist West of Hackettstown.
  by gravelyfan

Ken S. wrote:3010 and a cut of cars were laid up in Denville when I was there at 7:45ish.
Train spent the night in Denville.

Went west through Mt. Arlington around 1130 thursday morning with 20 cars.
  by jprez1963

HO2 went east through Mansfield at 4:30pm with 3010 and 5359 and 17 cars
  by gravelyfan

Friday PM report: H-02 west off the Boonton Line at Denville at 2:30 with 8 cars
  by Ken S.

gravelyfan wrote:Friday PM report: H-02 west off the Boonton Line at Denville at 2:30 with 8 cars
In Dover about 10 minutes later with 3010 and 5359 running in what I believe would have been a classic N&W or SOU manner (Short hoods coupled to each other, 3010 running LHF).
  by Uzi-Cat

Word on the street is that this weekend (Sunday?) the HO2 is going to be bringing those camaro coaches from Port Morris west. They are headed out to Pueblo for crash duty.
  by badorder

H-02 at Chester Jct. at 3:00PM, NS 3010 East, NS 5359 West with 24 cars. They setoff 5 cars for the M&E and picked up their caboose CR 21303 off the slope track and headed East to Dover. The caboose had been on loan to the M&E to use during the track work so they could shove their cars from Dover( temp. interchange) to D&R or Chester Jcts.
  by Jtgshu

Uzi-Cat wrote:Word on the street is that this weekend (Sunday?) the HO2 is going to be bringing those camaro coaches from Port Morris west. They are headed out to Pueblo for crash duty.
cooooooooooooooooooool!

A fitting end to cars which have had seemingly 9 lives already - can't go out in much more style than that!
  by blockline4180

Looks like H02 will be returning to Dover with another 20+ cars tomorrow! Looks like mostly covered hoppers in Washington again!! Royal Distributers must be very active!