Railroad Forums 

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

#872747  by NeoArashi

Last year, I went to Moncton, And made videos of that trip (2 videos of me getting there, and one showing pics.

This time, I went to Halifax (Took the train at Charny, but left from Qébec City using a taxi) And took 736 pictures! (not bad for a 5 days and half trip) I took 719 of them and put them in This video Be aware: even though each pic was originally equally splitted (5 seconds each on the original video) when I sped it up to 4X speed, some pic lasted for only a split second, and some for at least 3 seconds... when they should have been shown for 1,25 seconds each. And I put some Pokemon Black/White music purely for background music. If you don't like that song, just turn off the sound, you won't miss anything.

Otherwise, You might go to my facebook page, where I put 734/736 pics (The two were removed because my GF was shown, and she doesn't want her face to be on the internet). Here's the link to my pics.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Take note: Only part 1,2 and 5 actually contain train related stuff. But I felt it was worth posting every part nontheless. Oh yeah, I set all these photos as public. You won't have to become my ''friend'' to see them (though you're welcome to add me, should you feel like it)

Comments?

Next project: From Québec City to Winnipeg!
 #872870  by timberley

Thanks for posting your photos! Looks like you had a great trip. I hope you enjoyed Halifax. It's a wonderful city.

The Ocean is always a great train to travel on (I'm a frequent patron of the route), whatever part you do. Now you've seen the whole route to the end (apart from the first Montreal-Charny segment). Pretty nice huh?

Hope your next project (QC City to Winnipeg) works out!
 #873079  by jp1822

Please feel free to send me a PM, but does anyone have any "good" lodging suggestions along the shore south of Halifax, say in Mahone Bay or Lunenburg?
 #874008  by NeoArashi

timberley wrote:Thanks for posting your photos! Looks like you had a great trip. I hope you enjoyed Halifax. It's a wonderful city.
Indeed, it is a wonderful city. Far better than moncton (which was already pretty amazing)
timberley wrote: The Ocean is always a great train to travel on (I'm a frequent patron of the route), whatever part you do. Now you've seen the whole route to the end (apart from the first Montreal-Charny segment). Pretty nice huh?
Yes, I really enjoyed the trip, I would redo it anytime! (On economy, of course)
timberley wrote: Hope your next project (QC City to Winnipeg) works out!
It probably will be possible in summer 2012. Though I will most likely make some small trip on by then. Chances are that I'll be going to Weymotaci somewhere in winter 2011/2012 so I'll probably post train pics from Shawinigan to Weymon =D