Railroad Forums 

• Favorite Septa equipment

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

Favorite Septa equipment

Silverliner 1
32%
silverliner 2
18%
silverliner 3
9%
Comet equipment
23%
Aem-7's
14%
RL diesels
No votes
0%
alp-44
5%
EX NJT U-34ch
No votes
0%
 #82899  by Njt4200

I was wondering what everyones favorite Septa equipment is? Mine are the silverliner 3s and the new comet cars!!
Last edited by Njt4200 on Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

#83081  by Umblehoon

N-5

#83147  by glennk419

I have to go with the push-pull trainsets, if for no other reason than the fact that they break the monotony of the MU's. Those 5-chime airhorns sound beautiful compared to the GE honkers.

#83212  by SEPTALRV9072

A Kawasaki SELRV.

#83214  by Njt4200

i posted the push-pull equipment the comet sets! comet is what we at NJT call the push-pull equipment from the Blue comet

#83344  by JeffK

Brill Bullets rule!

#83721  by greg19051

I think the Silverliner I's are at Strasburg, PA, or is Septa buying them back rather than order new trains??

#83764  by glennk419

Two of the SL I's are at the RR Museum of Pennsylvania in Strasburg. Two others were sent to the AAR testing facility in Pueblo, Co and were used as "crash test dummies" to test different types of seats to see how they would survive a crash. Those cars were literally run into a concrete wall at 25mph, doubt they'd be much good to Septa or anyone else at this point. The SL I's were also operationally incompatable with the rest of the SL fleet, you'll never see 'em back here.

#83775  by Olton Hall

From a comfort standpoint, I like the pushpulls. Nice seats and a good suspension. You don't get whip-lash when you go through Zoo Interlocking. The AEM power just doesn't have the ability to accelerate them quick enough.

#84170  by RDGAndrew

Like the pushpulls for the creature comforts (except restrooms of course) and the "real train" feeling. Plus I love hearing those 5-chime airhorns like Glenn mentioned.

#86691  by Trackseventeen

Although never officially owned by SEPTA, the Brill built BRIDGE CARS are my favorite Philadelphia rail cars. The Bullets come in a close second. The St Louis 1949 Double Ended PCC Look a likes on RED ARROW are a solid third.