Railroad Forums 

• GO Transit F59PH's

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#700958  by dmclement

Hi,

Can anyone tell me which F59PH's GO Transit has dispensed with since their MP40PH-3c's arrived?

I know they sold 565, 566, 567 & 568 to Trinity Rail Express in Dallas years ago, but I heard they've now also got 525, 527 & 528? I have also heard 529 & 534 have gone to NCDoT as 1810 & 1859? Can anyone confirm or deny this and tell me the whereabouts/new owners of any other ex-GO units?
 #703609  by matthewsaggie

Have confirmation from head of NCDOT Rail Division today that 2 units from GO have been purchased by NCDOT to power the new mid-day train, Charlotte to Raleigh. Being rebuilt somewhere in NY at the current time and expected in NC by the fall.
 #703745  by dmclement

Thanks for that, you couldn't trouble him for the numbers of the loco's they bought could you? Are they 529 & 534? Will they become 1810 & 1859 (Just how does NCDoT choose their loco numbers anyhow?), and which will become which?
 #758803  by electricron

dmclement wrote:Thanks for that, you couldn't trouble him for the numbers of the loco's they bought could you? Are they 529 & 534? Will they become 1810 & 1859 (Just how does NCDoT choose their loco numbers anyhow?), and which will become which?
I can't help with the locomotive numbers.....
But I can confirm TRE had bought 4 ex-Go F59PH locomotives, numbers 565, 566, 567, and 568 years ago. I can confirm that the TRE has bought 3 more ex-Go F59PH locomotives, sorry I can't help with the numbers. TRE also owns 2 F59PHI locomotives purchased new. I've also read somewhere recently that TRE will be renumbering their locomotives as they are refurbished again.
Additionally, I've read that NCDOT has bought or leased 2 ex-Go F59PH locomotives to go with their 2 F59PHI locomotives they purchased new, and VIA has leased 4 ex-Go F59PH locomotives. It seems Go isn't going to have many problems finding new homes for their soon to retire F59PH locomotives. Transit agencies with F59PH or F59PHI locomotives already find it hard to pass on buying them at the relatively cheap price Go wants.