Railroad Forums 

• NS Wilmington area locals

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#196575  by riffian

Interested in current operations of NS locals in the Wilmington area and especially on the New Castle Secondary. I hear H50, H53, H90 and some in the H40 series. Seems pretty random, tho. Any info appreciated.

Bill Root
New Castle, DE
 #685187  by RockGp40

You ought to hear the H94 too. That is a local with a 3 person crew that I believe originates out of Dover and goes north towards at least Townsend, DE. I work for the MDDE and sometimes we run in to them (figuatively :-D ) at our interchange point, especially if they have to clear the main for a through freight. I am not sure if they go much further north from there. Does anyone know if there are customers in Middletown?

Try this site. Some of the info is dated, but it gives a lot of pretty good info:

http://www.trainweb.org/peninsularailfa ... 20Delaware
 #685547  by norfolksouthern89

RockGp40 wrote:You ought to hear the H94 too. That is a local with a 3 person crew that I believe originates out of Dover and goes north towards at least Townsend, DE. I work for the MDDE and sometimes we run in to them (figuatively :-D ) at our interchange point, especially if they have to clear the main for a through freight. I am not sure if they go much further north from there. Does anyone know if there are customers in Middletown?

Try this site. Some of the info is dated, but it gives a lot of pretty good info:

http://www.trainweb.org/peninsularailfa ... 20Delaware

Yeah, many times I caught H94 at Jello yard in Dover. And, always H93 has with 3 crew.

H94 work on Monday through Friday. Also, unless the an H94 is going north to Middletown mostly often on Tuesday and Thursday. When H94 preparing to stop Cheswold for work on propane tanker something then done head to Middletown and of course they will stop at Townsend too.

But, I don't know not sure that if there are customers in Middletown...ugh... :(

Also, you work for MDDE (Maryland & Delaware)? That so awesome I like from hear it. :-D

- David
 #685645  by norfolksouthern89

Okay so I just want show you to (RockGp40) and someone involved too so here of my photos those belong to NS 90Z with NS H94 crews.
NS SD70M-2 #2707.jpg
SOU #66058 (resized).jpg
NS GP38-2 #5301.jpg
 #685649  by norfolksouthern89

Last one photo here, after NS SD70M-2 #2707 with NS 90Z left head Edgemoor, Delaware and NS H94 crews on GP38-2 #5309 and 5301 park on right side wait then get everything ready head to Jello yard for pick up something then head to Middletown and Townsend.
NS GP38-2 #5309.jpg
- David