Railroad Forums 

• Fake Photo on the cover of July 09 Trains Magazine?

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#677634  by scottychaos

yes, clearly its a "photo illustration"..

http://www.trains.com/trn/default.aspx?c=a&id=4076

Unless the train was running backwards at the same speed as the truck..
or the truck was running backwards at the same speed as the train..which didnt happen! :wink:

I would guess the truck and the background are one shot, the loco was pasted in,
and the space between the track and the highway was digitally blurred-streaked.

actually, looking closer, im going to say its four different elements..
one photo is the truck and the road its sitting on..background landscape is a second, unrelated scene..
the loco is a third image pasted in..then the space between the "tracks" and the road is just a digital green streak..probably not from a real scene at all..

it probably says inside the issue.."photo montage" or "photo illustration" or something like that..
not a big deal IMO..I dont think Trains magazine ever said its covers will not be digitally altered..
its not a photo contest..

Scot
 #686662  by Otto Vondrak

Trainman101 wrote:Its looks like they shot the train from a moving car, notice how everything in the background is blurry except the truck. Cut and paste?
I'm pretty sure they explain it is a cut-and-paste on the inside of the magazine. It's a photo illustration.