Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#586203  by pete1606

Im intrigued, by the mask, but I am also skeptical about the effictiveness of the mask. They do not list the certifying lab. The pry bar i am skeptial if It can pry subway doors open, I admit I dont know how much force is required to open the doors. The wipe is a joke.
 #586269  by diffusedmind

The site tells you to "watch out for people who: are conducting surveillance using cameras or video".

I agree, my D200 is pretty dangerous (and heavy); you could probably beat someone over the head with it.
 #586470  by arrow

Kind of sounds fishy to me. I don't think it's a good idea for people to be carrying around pry bars either.
 #587118  by jonnhrr

This is so ridiculous. The chances of anything happening like this is so remote compared to say a car crash. Just someone trying to exploit people's unjustified fears due to all the publicity of the 7/7 attack and the Spanish train bombing, the movies that continue to depict the subway as a dangerous place, and so on.

Jon