Railroad Forums 

• CNJ Railroad Police

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#55822  by CNJFAN1000

I just acquired an eagle style cap badge. Below the eagle at the top is the word "POLICE". Under that is the old "New Jersey Central" round logo. On the back it is hallmarked E G Clover Co, New York. I would guess it is from the 1930's. Does anyone have any info on the badge and the CNJ Police? I have never seen anything in print or any photos on the subject. Thanks.

#57587  by Ken W2KB

I recall the CNJ police, in plainclothes, at Bayonne West 8th on a number of occasions 1960-65. Never saw one in uniform, though.