Railroad Forums 

• Closest Station to Annapolis

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#513097  by Chessie GM50

I am taking a trip to Annapolis soon, and i'd love to take the train down there. Can someone tell me how close the closest Amtrak station is to the Downtown area? If you could it would be a great help.
 #513176  by Sand Box John

"Chessie GM50"
I am taking a trip to Annapolis soon, and i'd love to take the train down there. Can someone tell me how close the closest Amtrak station is to the Downtown area? If you could it would be a great help.

Baltimore Penn station or New Carrollton. After that your options are somewhat limited public transit wise.

Penn station: Maryland Transit Administration Central Light Rail (1.13mb PDF) bus Route 14 Patapsco Light Rail - Annapolis (385kb PDF).

New Carrollton: Maryland Transit Administration commuter bus Route 921Annapolis - New Carrolton Metrorail (251kb PDF).