Railroad Forums 

• CSX Crew Districts

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#424633  by lakeshoredave

What are the CSX Crew Districts on the ex NYC? Some guy at the tracks tonight tried to tell me that all of CSX's crews only work between Dewitt and Selkirk.

#424662  by charlie6017

Dave,
The way I think it is now from east to west for crew change points is Selkirk, Syracuse, Buffalo and Cleveland on the old NYC. Maybe someone like Roadster or Conrail Engineer can elaborate more..........

#424664  by Conrail4evr

There's a bunch of different pools out there...Buffalo-Willard would be a "long pool" while the Buffalo - Collinwood run would be considered "short pool". There's also Buffalo - Selkirk, another long pool, with Buffalo - Dewitt and Dewitt - Selkirk being short pools. There's always the extra board too, but I think that's beyond the question you're asking here...

#424795  by conrail_engineer

You mean the seniority districts, the home terminals, or the crew-change points?

Those are not the same. The crew-change points are as listed. But Buffalo-DeWitt and DeWitt-Selkirk, along with Buffalo-Selkirk, are all on the same seniority district. Within that, a crew could be home-terminaled at Buffalo or DeWitt or - I think - Selkirk.

#424873  by CSX Engineer 98

^^^^ True.....and you guys left out Boston- Selkirk and is also included in the Seniority District