Railroad Forums 

• Arrow II for Wire Train spotted

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#40376  by blueduck577

This afternoon while riding home on the R3 West Trenton, I noticed that the wire train was in a yard as opposed to its little track at Wayne Junction. As we got closer, I looked down to where the wire train usually is an I spotted the ex-NJT Arrow II that SEPTA will soon use on the wire train. SEPTA logos have been applied, and one of the red, new-style pantographs SEPTA is putting on the Silverliners has been plopped on too. When will they start using it?

Incidentally, who has noticed a private car wayy back in liberty yard? It is silver with a brown trim. Does anyone know about this either?
 #40447  by Septaman113

An ex NJT Arrow II on a Septa wire train?I didn't hear about that.I haven't seen the other wire train lately,the one with the diesel,the wire car and ex blueliner 9125 which was converted to a push pull.Do they still have that?
 #40566  by aem7

The Arrow II car is slated to replace the 9125 in the next few weeks as a control car/tool car on the WJ wire train.

#40615  by blueduck577

What is the fate of the blueliner?
 #40638  by aem7

Probablity the scrapyard or maybe the WCRR will take it. It's in really bad shape. It will need a lot of work.

#40708  by blueduck577

Is the wire train still working on the R3? I want to get some pics of the blueliner before it goes; i only have 2 pictures, and I live by the R3, so it is all good.

#40739  by aem7

they'll be back on the r3 in september finishing up between wood and trent. nightly, they are still working between tabor and jenkin.