Railroad Forums 

• McCloud River Railroad Abandonment

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#347666  by GN 599

You might have some luck. As you may already know they transload all of the stuff out of Burney to Bieber and our local picks it up. Last time I worked the local we spotted some gondolas on the balloon track at Lookout for tie loading, it was a pretty sad day for me. Also when they had the big piles of rail and stuff at Bieber too, that was a real bummer. I talked to Jeff the G.M. on the phone briefly last spring about a place to store some equipment. Real nice guy, a good friend of mine, who also is an engineer for BNSF in Richmond hooked me up with his number. He practicly grew up on the McCloud. I can pm serious inquiries as to whats going on down there, I do know one thing though, its sad to see things like this happen.