Railroad Forums 

• Best Quote

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#338580  by gprimr1

I've always hoped humanity could evolve into a star trek like future. Good to know trains will survive to :)

#338735  by Otto Vondrak

Well, I hope trains are still around in 2063 (the supposed date of the above quote). Okay, I have to stop before I totally geek out here. Happy holidays, everyone!

-otto-

#339585  by David Benton

"It doesn't matter where the train is going, what matters is, that you decide to get on the train."

--The Polar Express
 #348938  by 2nd trick op

"Great things are done when men and mountains meet."

William Blake (1757-1827) English mystic and poet best remembered for the "Rubiyat of Omar Khayam".

Blake was born to soon to find out what could happen when science and technology were added to the mix, but I suspect he would have made a good "train-spotter".

#348960  by scottychaos

Leonard Crabbe: [Leonard shows Mitch his model trains] This whole area here is called Crabbe Town. We've got a brothel down there above the saloon. And right down there further along I'm thinking of building a French Quarter. I've actually got a bit of French blood.
Mitch Cohen: I would love to see this town in the autumn. I think Crabbeville in autumn would look quite magnificent. I would have made tiny little leaves, oak, poplar, maple, chestnut, and spread them across the town of Crabbeville. Magnificent.
Leonard Crabbe: It's Crabbe Town, not Crabbeville.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Leonard Crabbe: I'm a model train enthusiast.
Amber Cole: Oh! That's great!
[chuckles]
Leonard Crabbe: Yes... sort of a whole layout in my basement. Very much a big passion for me, 'tis.
Amber Cole: Yeah. Thank God for model trains.
Leonard Crabbe: Oh, absolutely.
Amber Cole: You know, if they didn't have the model train, they wouldn't have gotten the idea for the big trains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_1Heq9DM68

from "A Mighty Wind"
 #703618  by matthewsaggie

As my Great Grandmother (1885-1972) used to say, though I don't think it was original to her:

"If man was meant to fly, God would not have given us the Railway"
 #974960  by Eileensmith

"One should always have something sensational to read in the train." - Oscar Wilde
 #977835  by toolmaker

David Benton wrote:Is Amber Cole blonde ???
No, just tippsy.