Railroad Forums 

• Historical Society

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#196978  by choochoochuck

I'm 14, turning 15 in July and I wanted to know if there was anyway possible I could join the West Jersey Railroad Historical Society? Thanks

Chuck[/i]
 #197061  by chuchubob

choochoochuck wrote:I'm 14, turning 15 in July and I wanted to know if there was anyway possible I could join the West Jersey Railroad Historical Society? Thanks
Chuck
Minimum age for membership is 16.

A possible way to join is to have a parent to join with a family membership, with your parent being the member and you being the family. Regular membership is $35 per year for National and West Jersey Chapter membership. One must join the National to be eligible to join the Chapter. Additional family member is an additional $6 per year.

Taking your question literally, another possible way for you to join would be to marry a 16-year-old woman, who could then join as the primary member and you as her spouse.

Bob

#197098  by David

He can still attend the meetings though--Right Bob?

#197120  by chuchubob

Definitely! I had intended to mention that, but it slipped my mind.

Visitors are welcome and are welcomed.

There's no December meeting, as it would have been rescheduled from Dec 26. Next meeting is Monday January 23, 7:30 PM, Haddonfield Borough Hall, 2nd floor.

Bob

#197472  by choochoochuck

that would be great...sometimes i feel like an outcast and that would be really cool to go there...are there any pother kids mya ge there?

#197661  by David

Mike and I are planning two South Jersey excursions. One exploring the CMSL, Winslow Junction, and Grenloch Branch and the other in the Lakehurst area. They are December 26th and December 27th respectively. Anyone interested in joining--contact Mike DiMunno (PRSL Moderator). Thanks

#197910  by chuchubob

choochoochuck wrote:that would be great...sometimes i feel like an outcast and that would be really cool to go there...are there any pother kids mya ge there?
We used to have kids at the December meeting, since it wasn't a school night. The meetings usually end around 9:30 PM.

Be brave and show up. If you feel unwelcome, tell the President during the break that you'll flame the Chapter on railroad.net.

Watch out for the Membership Chairman, though. He has a strange sense of humor and some people find him eccentric.

BTW, during the early part of the meeting, before the break and the program, the Membership Chairman asks first-time visitors to stand and identify themselves (name, town of residence). That way people will be aware that you are a visitor and may go out of their way to be friendly.

You are cordially invited to attend as many meetings as you like.

Bob
 #197986  by JimBoylan

David wrote:South Jersey excursions December 26th and December 27th
I'm interested, but have to run a railroad those days. What about Dec. 24 or 31, or Jan. 1? Any interest in exploring the Sea Isle Jct. area?

#199136  by JJMDiMunno

I'd like to explore Sea Isle Jnct. sometime, but on the 31st and the 1st, I'm personally unavailable...I'll be in Florida by 8AM on New Year's. In any case, the 27th (Tuesday, tomorrow, however you want to put it), a group of us is meeting in Lakehurst at 8:00AM. The details can be seen in the thread below on NJ Railfan forum:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17065

Anyone is welcome...

Mike DiMunno

#207543  by choochoochuck

Im coming to the meeting and bringing friends too!

#207738  by chuchubob

I'll look for you.

#207753  by choochoochuck

no friends can make it...I'll be wearing a Beatles shirt

#208074  by DougD

choochoochuck wrote:no friends can make it...I'll be wearing a Beatles shirt
This young man has class. Likes trains and The Beatles! :-D

DougD