Railroad Forums 

• CSX Background?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#206958  by BigMike

I have have been to the testing and passed and was told that I will be offered to go to class on the 27th of Feb. My question is about the background check, I keep reading about how they really examine your application and past history. Is it true if your off on one of your hire dates that they will can you?? I dont want to pay all this money then get kicked out for an honest mistake. I mean Im 39 years old and cant hardly remember what I did yesterday.......LOL

#207023  by LCJ

I believe what they're interested in is "unsavory" events in your past -- such as arrests and convictions and such -- and not so much about whether you got all of your past hiring dates correct. If you haven't misrepresented your past in terms of criminal entanglements, you're probably OK.

#207030  by BigMike

Thats what I was thinking, the only thing you can get from a crminal background check anyways are convictions unless you go to the actual courthouse and pull records. I worked law enforcement for a while. I think they do alot of scaring to get most bad characters to not apply and to scare others into telling ALL......lol