Railroad Forums 

• Grenloch Branch

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#19499  by RDG-LNE

On the old Railroad.Net forums we had a discussion regarding stations on the ex RDG/PRSL Grenloch Branch. One station a few people had an interest in was the Grenloch station. At the time, nobody knew of a photo of the Grenloch station or if one existed. I stumbled across a photo of the station yesterday during a skim of Richard Gladulich's "By Rail To The Boardwalk". The station was atwo story affair and looked to be a modified farmhouse. I'll see if I can get some more information such as who took the photo and if it might be available.

Drew

#19765  by David

Drew--The Grenloch station still exists. It has been moved to the other side of where the tracks were. The original foundation is still there also. I know the people that live in the old station and in three weeks Mike Dimunno and I will be able to get a tour of the interior and surrounding area. The owners have informed me that there is a video of the move of the station many years ago--Will try to obtain it. (observe my Avitar--It is a picture of the Mount Ephraim station from 1932). If you get any other pictures, please share them. I have seen most of the ones avaible, however, there might be some new ones out there--Thanks

#199130  by JJMDiMunno

glennk419 wrote:There's a story in today's Courier Post about the branch, including some quotes from our esteemed moderator. The story can be found here: http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/p ... 008/NEWS04
It's good to see the old Grenloch Branch getting some attention...especially in the paper. It was some time ago when I was contacted for input on this topic for the Courier, and I was getting unsure as to wheather they had pulled the article. Author did a good job of summarizing things about the line, to readers most of whom probably know little or nothing about railroads.

Thanks for posting that link here Glenn.

Mike DiMunno

#199802  by EugeneV.Debs

Did you guys get to see the inside of Grenloch Station? How does it look?

#200045  by JJMDiMunno

EugeneV.Debs wrote:Did you guys get to see the inside of Grenloch Station? How does it look?
Unfortunatly, no. In all reality, the owner of the structure was not so cooperative with us...he's somewhat elderly, and he (the first time we visited) nor his wife (the second time we visited) were not willing to let us enter to take a look...also unresponsive about trying to get federal funds to restore the station by placing the building on the National Register of Historic Places. It does qualify for this status and could use some restoration...

I don't know if David was in there in the past, but we weren't admitted last time we tried something like that...

Mike DiMunno