Railroad Forums 

• Trainset in the office

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#195024  by Tom_E_Reynolds

We had a decorating contest in the office this week, so I decided to do the unthinkable....in one day I built a trainset on top of my cube!

Its up high, so you can't see the track, but the trains are very visable!
I also have a small step stool for those that want a better look!

Some said it couldn't be done...they didn't know me very well!

I doubt I will win the contest, but it sure has been fun!

I have a sound looping of the CNJ Whistle MP3 that someone posted last month, plus a few more from http://www.6060.org/links.htm...it sounds and looks great!!!!!!!

See above picture...any chance I get I plug the Raritan River Railroad!

#195034  by blippo

That's really neat.

#195049  by cjvrr

That is quite neat! Do you have to duck to get to your desk?

There was a person at my place of employment that had a whole train layout in his office. He was a manager so he could get away with it. Needed it to reduce stress during the work day, that was the excuse anyway. The layout left when he retired.
 #195108  by henry6

NEAT! Even if you don't win, I bet it will be the most looked at, most admired, most talked about, and most remembered!

#195116  by glennk419

That is GREAT! Now, the real question is......

How do you expect to get any work done?

Good luck on the contest.

#195298  by nick11a

Haha. Gosh, a child and his playthings!

Really cool. Just don't invite me too your office. At 6' 3", that thing is a hazard for me! :-D

#195559  by TR-00

Say! What a swell idea! Maybe I'll make a model office cube and take it with me to work. It would look good in the cab of the 4207! :P

#195575  by The Rising

Hello all,

I have only two comments to make. :wink:

1. Great job Tom. It really looks good. :-)

2. For years, office managers felt that the creator of Free Cell and Solitaire where the absolute scourge to office productivity and employee motiviation. Can you imagine the productivity level of an office with a really neat working model train display? All those workers standing around, drinking coffee, shooting the breeze and watching the trains pass by, all the while being paid on company time! :wink:

:-D Way to go! I wished I'd thought of it myself! :-D

Well that's all for now folks.

See ya all later.

#195698  by CNJGeep

Work is so distracting...

#195730  by Jtgshu

Yea, bob, get some nice florsecent lights and hang them from the ceiling, get some vertical blinds for all the windows, and a cute secretary for the fireman's seat!!!!

#195767  by jmp883

Couldn't have that where I work. I'm a 9-1-1/emergency services dispatcher.....there'd be a lot of unanswered calls, both from the telephones and from the officers radios!

Then again....my supervisor is a model railroader too..........hmm