Railroad Forums 

• BUFFALO TERMINAL PHOTOS

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#5893  by UMP55ANDREF

Looking for photos of the ticket office from NYC terminal

#10856  by arnstg

Are you looking for the original ticket windows or the one that was built later on sometime in the 60's?

#10862  by UMP55ANDREF

:D THE ONE FROM THE SIXTIES

#180538  by Roundhouse Brat

Does anyone remember the restaurant up the street from the terminal called Luabe's Old spain? Must be long gone by now. I was there in 1951 and 2 a few times when I was in school in Silver Creek, NY

#185967  by arnstg

Regarding the second ticket office, I was given a site which has a fair view of it.

It is at: http://www.buffalohistoryworks.com/term ... ml?photo=2

Neat site. You may want to hunt around and look at the other photos.

Will be talking to friends in Buffalo who may recall where Laubes Old Spain was.

#188311  by arnstg

Talked to friends in Buffalo and came to the following conclusion regarding Laube's Old Spain.

It was located in Downtown near the Buffalo Theater in the 600 addresses on Main St. The area around Central Terminal in the 50's was primarily Immigrant and first generation Polish.

A bus was available from the terminal to downtown where you could walk to the restaurant.

Hope this helps.

#188319  by AmtrakFan

Question can the station ever be restored?

#189302  by arnstg

The non-profit Central Terminal Restoration Corp. {CTRC} took control of it serveral years ago in order to seal it from the elements. They have done that and have various activities there during the summer.

There goal is to find a reuse for the terminal while keeping the main concourse open to the public.

They have a web site which you can go to and read the various ideas being discussed for its future use.

You may want to sign up for future news and even become a member.

The site is: www.buffalocentralterminal.org