Railroad Forums 

• Lindenwold

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#187335  by chuchubob

That's the connection between NJT and PATCO. PATCO receives carloads of MOW materials from time to time. Cars destined for PATCO are taken by Conrail Shared Assets to Winslow Junction on the former Reading (Beesley Point Secondary), then double back to Lindenwold on the former PRR.

#187838  by JJMDiMunno

chuchubob wrote:That's the connection between NJT and PATCO. PATCO receives carloads of MOW materials from time to time. Cars destined for PATCO are taken by Conrail Shared Assets to Winslow Junction on the former Reading (Beesley Point Secondary), then double back to Lindenwold on the former PRR.
Which BTW (Bob knows this already but others may not), the SRNJ has the rights to run up there on the AC Line from Winslow to deliver the materials. This delivery normally occurs late at night over Transit, when traffic levels are minimal and interferance with the passenger schedule will be minimal...

I believe Transit calls that PATCO spur the Lindenwold Connecting Track FYI...

I think the most recent run up there was some ballast maybe a half a year ago? Bob, you remember?

Mike DiMunno

#188851  by chuchubob

JJMDiMunno wrote:
I think the most recent run up there was some ballast maybe a half a year ago? Bob, you remember?
Mike DiMunno
My memory doesn't have room for details like that.

I know they got a lot of concrete ties delivered, but that was four years ago.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/665 ... 7384wTMfQt

Bob