• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#175375  by David Hutchinson

Through Warwick at 9:50 AM, Thursday, 10/13:

CSX 7317
CSX 688
CSX 7908

domestic/foreign stacks on front, rest of train piggyback with a lot of UPS trailer/reefers. Also, JB Hunt, Schneider, J&R Schugel and Vermont Railway. Used to see this type of consist on the River Line easatbound for UPS. Can anyone tell me what train number I just saw?

#175379  by cjvrr

From reports elsewhere I believe it was the Q118. CSX had a derailment in upstate NY which required some trains being detoured. Last night the Q271 ran westbound over the NYS&W in addition to the Q404.

Supposedly one of CSX's two track main has been reopened so there may not be any more detours.

#175398  by njt4172

A Q-166 with a UP on the point is heading into Binghamton as we speak...Look for him to be in north jersey sometime late tonight or early tomorrow morning.....Seems like that Q-118 made record time.....

Steve

#175515  by Lackawanna484

Any idea what kind of time the Q train made on the tier, steve?

There's a 35 mph max, which means that a non-stop, no meets move is going to take about 3.5 hours to travel 130 miles Bingo to Port, plus another 40 minutes to Campbell Hall and onto the connector.

Assuming an overpowered train, and 40 mph on the Hudson track, it's gonna take him another hour to Sparta, and at least 90 minutes to Little Ferry, leaving a swirl of rain behind him...

#175598  by trainfreak

Well hate to break everyones hearts. But a derailment of SU403 on the teir forced the Q166 to turn around and its now heading back north to CSX.

#175865  by Steve F45

I was able to see the UPS train pull into Ridgefield park around noon time thursday. Watched in go thru bergen turnpike and into the yard. Saw 2 ups trailors, nothing more. I've got some pics but photobucket is making them way to small to see.

#175981  by David Hutchinson

There were a couple of UPS pup trailers, but more than a few of their reefers, which are marked UPS Logisitcs. They also use Vermont Railway and other trailers.