Railroad Forums 

• SYSTEM MAP BOXCAR

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#16703  by Tamping Pick

Wow,
Scot where ya find the pic. of the "BINGY" car. And Otto, whats up with the Catasuackwa(spelling opps!) car. I must live under a rock, but besides LV 97455,which I believe there was a good thread on the old forum here. There are other 40' USA leasing cars out there, which some may mistake the USA Leasing map of the USA as a "map" car. Due to the map of the continental US on the sides.There were at least 3 LV 40' boxcars at Cressona,Pa., as well as some burnt out NE's. These most likely have been moved, as R&N may need the track.
As far as I know,there was only 1 (ONE) map car,and it was at South Plainfield ,NJ. And in poor condition. I can't verify this,but as far as I know only one was painted MAP.
PICK

#33129  by fglk

:(
Last edited by fglk on Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #34355  by jmp883

Isn't it odd how Sayre (my hometown, BTW) is shown as a branch and not on the mainline?

Joe P :D
Long Live The EL (and LV)
www.geocities.com/jmpwpd29