Railroad Forums 

• Heritage MUs

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1642456  by CNJGeep

SL-4 single 280 (RDG 9018) has been outshopped at Frazer wearing Reading diamonds and the period correct SEPTA logo. The first of allegedly four cars to get heritage decals. There's pictures floating around Facebook but I don't know how to insert them. Not sure where or when the car will enter service.
 #1642461  by AlexC

#1642526  by MACTRAXX

CNJ: Placing the original RDG and SEPTA heralds on prototype car #280 (9018) is a good 50th Anniversary gesture.
Let's do the same to car #400 (9019) being that they are the first two cars built by GE for the Silverliner Four fleet.

Sometime during 2024 a one day fantrip to all of the RDG electrified lines (CHE, Fox Chase, Lansdale-Doylestown,
Manayunk-Norristown, Warminster and West Trenton Lines) using these two specific MU cars could be something
planned between rail enthusiast groups (such as Philadelphia Chapter-NRHS) and SEPTA RRD...

Another 50th Anniversary example is Warminster Station - opened July 29, 1974 with the one-station extension
from Hatboro across the Montgomery-Bucks County line which was the first RDG side station to have a high level
platform constructed on the Reading's electrified Commuter Rail routes...

AC: The Facebook SEPTA page has a memberwall...Can we post any new photos of #280 (9018) for all to see?
Thanks all in advance...MACTRAXX
 #1642608  by AlexC

Per another facebook post:
Septa heritage Reading car is running [Friday 4/19] as the rear car on train 9512 frazer at 918 am to roberts yard.
Returning as train 9521 leaving roberts yard as the lead car at 1232 pm going to Frazer.
Then leaving Frazer as the rear car on train 9534 at 245 pm.
 #1642624  by AlexC

Some video:
 #1642635  by Nasadowsk

Is there any regularity as to where these units are going to run? Would be nice to get a reel or two of them, in beautiful 16mm (but I don’t have a sync motor :( so no sound)
 #1642732  by Halgoonta

Nasadowsk wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:22 pm Is there any regularity as to where these units are going to run? Would be nice to get a reel or two of them, in beautiful 16mm (but I don’t have a sync motor :( so no sound)
they will roam around the SEPTA system just like every other MU, I suggest using either RealTime or getting to know some of the crews.