Railroad Forums 

• NJ Tranist Arrow III Trucks

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1635532  by mikespraggi

I'm sure this has probably been answered before. I did a quick search, but did not find the specs. I'm building HO scale Arrow III trainsets and need to know the wheelbase of the trucks. I believe the wheels are 33". Any help is appreciated.
 #1636755  by n01jd1

All I know is they are an inside bearing truck. Probably the same trucks used on the Comet coaches made by Pullman Standard and Bombardier. Also the Metro North Bombardier are probably the same and Amtrak's Amulets have them as well. Dont know who would have those trucks other than Walthers who had the Bombardier Coaches in NJT and maybe others. Sorry I cant be of more help.
 #1637410  by mikespraggi

n01jd1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:04 am All I know is they are an inside bearing truck. Probably the same trucks used on the Comet coaches made by Pullman Standard and Bombardier. Also the Metro North Bombardier are probably the same and Amtrak's Amulets have them as well. Dont know who would have those trucks other than Walthers who had the Bombardier Coaches in NJT and maybe others. Sorry I cant be of more help.
Then are we talking 9 ft wheelbase from center axle to center axle on the truck? Thanks.
 #1637412  by mikespraggi

n01jd1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:04 am All I know is they are an inside bearing truck. Probably the same trucks used on the Comet coaches made by Pullman Standard and Bombardier. Also the Metro North Bombardier are probably the same and Amtrak's Amulets have them as well. Dont know who would have those trucks other than Walthers who had the Bombardier Coaches in NJT and maybe others. Sorry I cant be of more help.
Stanton NWSL has a large selection of powered drives for model railroaders.