Railroad Forums 

• Railroad.net Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube Pages

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#1629578  by Gilbert B Norman

Twenty minutes for an engine change, WOW!!!

The New Haven could and did such in FOUR minutes on trains such as #26 Merchants Limited that did not show New Haven as a station stop.

Now, as Mr. Railnut has pointed out to this Forum, there is much MUCH more involved in an engine change today regarding safety procedures than there were sixty years ago, so I guess this must be considered a historical note from one who has "been there done that". I resided in Riverside 1951-70; Cos Cob 46-51.

Now who knows what's ahead as Amtrak gets into the "exotic stuff" with their battery powered "Tesla on the rails" boosters; I of course fear a fiasco just as every equipment procurement since the F-40 has proven to be. This Airo one, though, will be "Doubled in Spades"; maybe even "Redoubled in No Trump".