Railroad Forums 

• Obituarie: Updates September 2005

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #7861  by Schuylkill Valley

Last Week I posted this on the Reading Railroad forum . Well I`m going to post it here now , because the Moderater over there dosen`t think it should be aloud . Well Mr. Gowen has no say over here . lol.

So at that .

Reading / Conrail / Norfolk Southern Employee

Daniel M. Calaresi, Jr. age 53
Mr. Calveresi started with the Reading Company in 1972 after he served in the U.S. Navy for three years . He worked in the M&W Dept. He worked his way up the ladder to head Road Forman . He retired in 1998 with a Med. discharge . " Collon Cancer "
Mr. Calvaresi Past away on Last Wednesday March 24, 2004 at 9:30Am.

Mr. Calvaresi was a member of the RCT&HS , Conrail T&HS, RSME in Laureldale,Pa. and VFW # unknown at this time.

I knew Dan for ten years meeting him on the railroad in the Pottstown Washington Street Cut in 1994 . I was railfanning taking photos of the men at work .

I was walking along the retaining wall, he saw me and said " Son you can walk all you want along that wall , Pottstown owns it , but if you come down here on the ROW I`ll have to ask you to leave " I asked him who he was , he said " I`m Conrail Head forman Dan Calvaresi ". I said Oh.

Well to make the story short we became best of friends from there on.
I will mis him a lot .

Len.
Ps. if any one in here knew Cal. go ahead and share your stories about him.
Last edited by Schuylkill Valley on Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #12994  by Schuylkill Valley

If you have a friend, that was a railroad employee of norfolk Southern or any other railroad you may post it here . I think the internet is a better way for railnuts to find out who past in the railroad wold . Even if don`t know the person that past , post it any way .

I still think you learn railroad history in people`s life`s So at that feel free to post.

Leonard S.

#21661  by RBMN-ENGR.

We lost another NS employee and friend today. Jim Leisey, Harrisburg East Dispatcher, died this afternoon from a heart attack.

I knew him through the RCT&HS and whenever I was working on the R&N and would talk to him to get across CP-Belt into Spring Street or over to the R&N's Pennsy Branch at Temple. He always gave us a good move. A good man and a great loss.

#163319  by Schuylkill Valley

Hello all
Mr. Art Acker age 84 of Reading, Pa. past away on August 30, 2005.
He was a railroader of many ways He helped to org. the Reading Co. Iron Hores Ramblems in the 1960`s He also worked 35 years for the Pennsylvania Railroad Schuylkill Divison, at the Reading, Pa. HQ`s.

He will be missed.

Len.