Railroad Forums 

• Help with railroad occupation

• For discussion of the Iowa Interstate. The Iowa Interstate Railroad (reporting mark IAIS) is a Class II railroad operating in the central United States. The railroad is owned by Railroad Development Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Website: iaisrr.com
For discussion of the Iowa Interstate. The Iowa Interstate Railroad (reporting mark IAIS) is a Class II railroad operating in the central United States. The railroad is owned by Railroad Development Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Website: iaisrr.com
 #1630785  by jmkolar

Hi,
I'm having trouble reading my great grandfather's occupation from early 1900 on a delayed birth certificate and am wondering if this group could help.
My great grandpa Oscar was born in 1873. His son Curtis was born in 1913.
From the 1910 Jasper Co, IA census, Oscar listed his occupation as a "foreman" for "section railroad". So I know he worked for a railroad during the time Curtis was born.
On the delayed birth certificate generated for Curtis in 1942, Oscar's occupation is not readable but I believe it to be related to the railroad industry based on the info above. I've attached a screenshot of the portion I would appreciate help deciphering.
Thank you so much!
Jane
Attachments:
Oscar Peacock occupation BC.png
Oscar Peacock occupation BC.png (23.83 KiB) Viewed 880 times