• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Won’t be long before the end of through freight north of Farmingdale, and freight from South Amboy to Red Bank…
  by JohnFromJersey

I heard them go through Farmingdale somewhere between 8 am and 9 am. Anyone know when they will return?
  by Bracdude181

Route 88 train crossing was put back up with a new pole and WRRS (Western Railroad Supply Co) pole base. No crossbuck added and the lights aren’t straight.
  by CharlieL

Lots of rail stacked by the stub track between Railroad Ave and Southard Rd. in Farmingdale along with wood ties. Seeing the stack of ties by Main St, I suspect their plans include some intensive maintenance along the southern between the two wye switches (existing and proposed future).
  by pumpers

CharlieL wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:24 pm Looks like the track is now connected all the way through. They tied into the Fairfield Rd crossing some time this morning. Now for ballast, alignment, ballast, rinse and repeat.

In Farmingdale they have put a bunch of rock (not ballast) down, about 50 ft in from Railroad ave extending west (north) where the roadbed for the southern branch of the wye would go. It looked rather swampy there. Next to the stub track leading that way is a bunch of wooden ties.
The punch list is getting pretty short.
  by AceMacSD

It's getting there. We'll probably have an engine do a pass over one spot fairly soon. Then few other spots before suring things up.
  by baju

I hope someone will film the first test engine over the new section between freehold and farmingdale. Is there any way of knowing when the test engine will run? Maybe I can get out and film it as I’m retired.
  by JohnFromJersey

Any knowledge on what engine(s) will be used for testing? I'd imagine 2005 and 1888 will be likely, given how close they are to where the track work is