• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Might be better to test with the 2005 cause it weighs more? Thing is it hasn’t run recently AT ALL. It’s been sitting at the far end of the Freehold Team Track for like two months now. Wheels are covered in rust…
  by Bracdude181

Repaired Route 88 crossing. Old pole is on the ground. Lights still don’t work…
Last edited by Bracdude181 on Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by CharlieL

Alignment machine East side of Fairfield Rd.

Crossbucks placed Yellowbrook, Adelphia, and Southard. Also apparently track work being done to extend stub track towards Railroad Ave.

Crossbuck posts placed without crossbucks, Howell and Okerson Rds.
Progress, ain't it great?
  by Bracdude181

At least over there they’re using new poles. The pole they put in at 88 came from somewhere else, and it has a big dent near the pole base.

I’m glad Farmingdale to Freehold is coming along nicely but I really wish we’d see stuff like that done to the Southern.
  by Bracdude181

Tracks look ready to go at Southard Ave. they added crossbucks with yield signs and the blue emergency signs.

I guess the yield signs mean they won’t have to flag every road like they do at other unguarded crossings without them?
  by JohnFromJersey

CharlieL wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:59 am Alignment machine East side of Fairfield Rd.

Crossbucks placed Yellowbrook, Adelphia, and Southard. Also apparently track work being done to extend stub track towards Railroad Ave.

Definitely sounds like they aren't too far off from running those test runs that @AceMacSD was talking about.

As for the stub track, with the amount of rail and ties and other material they have over there, it looks like it won't be just a stub track soon...
Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:03 am I’m glad Farmingdale to Freehold is coming along nicely but I really wish we’d see stuff like that done to the Southern.
I would argue Farmingdale to Freehold is a bigger priority at this time. They will definitely upgrade the Southern after this is up and running.
Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:47 am I guess the yield signs mean they won’t have to flag every road like they do at other unguarded crossings without them?
With the way people drive around the area, they should probably still flag the crossings.
  by Bracdude181

Even when they flag the road they still don’t wanna stop. Just hoping all goes well when they start running. Thankfully I’ve seen school buses stopping at the new roads even without crossbucks
  by CR7876

CharlieL wrote:Alignment machine East side of Fairfield Rd.

Its almost like if you just wait for the work to get done, you will know what they are doing.
  by CharlieL

CR7876 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:40 pm Its almost like if you just wait for the work to get done, you will know what they are doing.
Not being a present or former railroader, pretty much. Having lived in this area for a loooong time, and never expecting it to make a comeback, for me it's like Forest Gump, never know what's in that chocolate until you bite into it.
  by Bracdude181

Apparently they wanna do so at a later date. They put the PVC pipe for the wire under road surface to accommodate eventual installation.

There’s a lot of close calls at the crossings on these lines even when electric protection is used, so I’m kinda nervous as to how things will play out when the trains start rolling.
  by pdtrains

I expect that any highway grade crossing that is more than a farm road, will get gates. Seems thats the latest trend for legal reasons, if nothing else...