Railroad Forums 

• What's left of Boston Area Customer's

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1619128  by Who

I was looking to get a rundown of Boston area customers that are left. Aside for Boston S&G, is it just the small cluster of customers in Everett?
 #1619208  by GP40MC1118

The MBTA is technically a customer - coach and locomotive shipments plus some oddball MW materials like rail. Then there are the Welded Rail Trains.
In Everett, the scrap place and Ciment Quebec are the biggest customers. After that are now rare reefer loads to the former NEP site (off-loaded direct
to trucks). Another refrigerated warehouse near Ciment Quebec did get cars, but they seem to have trailed off in the last two years.
 #1620215  by Goddraug

I heard a rumor recently that CSX is getting rid of BO-1 (or L055) and will serve Boston area customers from LA-1/LA-4. Can anyone confirm this? I wouldn’t know where to look to find out.
 #1620272  by newpylong

The return of even having BO-1 has only been in the past few years when not only the Everett/Chelsea traffic picked up but also Montvale returning to service. With the loss of Peabody traffic its no surprise the job will go back to Lawrence. Does Tighe Montvale even get cars anymore?