Railroad Forums 

• TE33A drawings

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#1596435  by CaloNord

Greeting all,

I'm hoping you guys can help me, I'm trying to locate drawings (simple ones will do) of the General Electric ES44ACi, known as the TE33A.

I'm working on a 3D model of one and some drawings would be amazing. I havent had much luck locating any myself, but I'm admittedly not great at digging things up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.
 #1596496  by AllenHazen

Sorry, CaloNord: I don't have any drawings. I hope you find some!
--
For those who don't recognize the model designation: this is the model designed for (and most instances built in) Khazakstan: large numbers built for K. railway (and used on the China to Europe land bridge route) and at least a few to each of a number of ex-Soviet railways (and Mongolia). Mechanicals like an ES44AC, but in a European-looking, semi-streamlined, full width carbody. Appearance somewhat similar to the GE units built in recent years for Egyptian railways.
An interesting design. (Unfortunately, very few American railroad modellers are interested in non-American railways, so I don't foresee an article and plans in "Railroad Model Craftsman" any time soon. Maybe one of the more internationally minded British model railway magazines?)