Railroad Forums 

• New building at riverside yard

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1595469  by STrRedWolf

scratchyX1 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:46 pm There's a large new prefab going over the tracks at riverside.
Is this for expansion of penn line service?
Prefab as in new building? Because I know Bombardier was to take over the repair facility in Riverside, and if the expansion plans that the state Assembly just pushed are going to be built, you'll see a link from the Penn Line through the Mt. Clare CSX yard to Riverside.
 #1595488  by scratchyX1

STrRedWolf wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:21 pm
scratchyX1 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:46 pm There's a large new prefab going over the tracks at riverside.
Is this for expansion of penn line service?
Prefab as in new building? Because I know Bombardier was to take over the repair facility in Riverside, and if the expansion plans that the state Assembly just pushed are going to be built, you'll see a link from the Penn Line through the Mt. Clare CSX yard to Riverside.
Yeah, it looks like a three story building over the tracks.
I know that connection over the Claremont branch has been proposed for years, but that construction, along with clearing the ROW on the branch seen on Google maps makes me wonder if contracts were already let out before the legislation.