Railroad Forums 

• "I Did It Once"; Or Overnight Amtrak Business Travel

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1584078  by Gilbert B Norman

Business Insider

Fair Use:
I recently spent 30 hours on an Amtrak train traveling from New York City to Miami. I found the ride to be rough and bumpy, with far too much time spent in a cramped space. But if you value the journey as much as the destination, you might enjoy the ride. .
I'm afraid that Business Insider is known more for its reputation as "click bait" than for its quality of journalism.
Last edited by Gilbert B Norman on Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #1584099  by STrRedWolf

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:30 pm Business Insider

Fair Use:
I recently spent 30 hours on an Amtrak train traveling from New York City to Miami. I found the ride to be rough and bumpy, with far too much time spent in a cramped space. But if you value the journey as much as the destination, you might enjoy the ride. .
I'm afraid that Business Insider is known more for its reputation as "click bait" than for its quality of journalism.
Yeah, click bait articles and low paywall limit. :( It's basically a photo article.
 #1584772  by Gilbert B Norman

Here's more clickbait from same:

https://www.insider.com/best-and-worst- ... os-2021-10

This time, same ingredients: Amtrak LD train; young millennial reporter, only difference - Coach.

Someone at another site suggests that Amtrak is "showrunning" these ostensible "reports".

Read; you might even find it enjoyable.
 #1585726  by eolesen

Business Insider is owned by Axel Springer, who is parent company over Bild, the longtime German tabloid... so yeah, you might want to consider the source.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1587038  by STrRedWolf

eolesen wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:29 am Yet another quality write-up of riding the Silver service from NY to FL...

https://news.yahoo.com/spent-60-hours-o ... 00444.html
Republished from the Business Insider article. I wish Yahoo News would indicate their article source like NPR does.
 #1588629  by Gilbert B Norman

Well, it looks as if Insider has rounded up another young woman to "say nice things"

https://www.insider.com/surprising-thin ... ss-2021-11

There is no specific reference to the trains she rode; apparently, she sampled both Coach and "Private Room".

One photo of interest; a Sightseer with Upper Level fixed tables. That car was part of the Auto Train "pool" but with the addition of "Cross Country Cafe" (370XX Diner-Lounge) and withdrawal of one #3350X Lounge from each consist leaving one assigned to each set as First Class "overflow Dining" and Lounge, Amtrak wisely reassigned that car.

Need it bear repeating? "If you've seen one Pine Tree, you've seen 'em all".
 #1588664  by David Benton

Seems a well balanced summary to me.
Anotherthing it highlights is that is a great place for single people to meet people in a safe environment. Some freindships could develop , or just a chance to talk to someone you would not normally have a chance to converse with .