Railroad Forums 

• B&O at Lincoln Park, about 1970

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1580992  by BR&P

Just a random print I came across, unfortunately with "matte' finish instead of glossy. Didn't date it but I'd say about 1969 to 1971. We're aboard one of "The Twins", NW-2 switchers almost certainly 9549 and 9551. Taken at Lincoln Park, looking west, as they switch the PC (NYC) interchange. Right where the top of the first car meets the loco, just above the handrail, it looks like coal so probably delivering loads TO the PC. The black and white sign at left faces the Buffalo Road underpass, and the large building at right was the Rochester Gas & Electric Station #9 (which received coal by rail). The footbridge, long a favorite spot for railfan photography, was right near General Railway Signal co.

One would be hard-pressed to find AANYTHING in that pic which remains today. :(
(177.29 KiB) Downloaded 777 times
 #1581055  by TB Diamond

Much nostalgia associated with that photo. Stood on that pedestrian bridge many a day or evening taking photos L/1960s-M/1970s.

Just to the right of that big white sign is the Lincoln Park station. Sad that all represented is gone. There is always change and it seems the change is rarely for the better.

Thank you for sharing.
 #1581057  by BR&P

Happy to share it. We all love perfectly composed and sharp pics, but with the passage of time even those which are less than perfect sometimes preserve views we can never obtain again.
 #1581100  by charlie6017

Excellent, this is a gem! The only thing that looks like it might remain is the little water tower just to the right of the pole line on the left side of the photo. I took a screen capture of Google's aerial view that I was able to toy with and adjust. In my attachment, it's on the left side of the blue building at center. Looks like it was part of the Lincoln Park complex?

Charlie
Attachments:
Screenshot (1120).png
Screenshot (1120).png (2.98 MiB) Viewed 643 times