Railroad Forums 

• Mass Coastal Energy Train- Help!

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1567992  by Tela1416

Hello, all. I am new to the world of railfanning and have a general question re: the Mass Coastal Energy Train operations and the overall schedule. I work with a young man with disability, and his favorite thing in the world is to chase the "trash train." His passion and enthusiasm for it have turned me into a railfan, but you can imagine how hard it is to predict when it will be at which crossing (we like to place bets based on when we see it crossing the canal bridge on Mass Maritime's live feed). Can anyone enlighten me as to the weekly operations of the energy train? It would be SO very appreciated!
 #1568166  by GP40MC1118

Don't think there's any movements on the weekends. The southbound run from Rochester to
Yarmouth is after 630AM, so you could be down at the bridge sometime after then. The northbound
run from Yarmouth is usually out of there after 330PM. There is another train that runs to Otis a
couple of times a week. The Cape Cod Central will be running their first excursion train on Mother's
Day.

If you are on Facebook, join the Cape Cod Railfan's page, which has info and people knowledgeable
about current ops. Also the Cape Cod Central webpage for passenger train schedules for this season.
Lastly, the MBTA's Cape Flyer starts up Memorial Day. Schedule not out yet.