Railroad Forums 

• Syracuse & Baldwinsville RR - terminus?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1547478  by nydepot

I was reading about the S&B and it running from Baldwinsville to Amboy (on the NYC Waterlevel). I can't find a map of it and early topo maps don't show a grade. Later filings show it owned by the DL&W and .95 miles in length, which is about from the siding off the DL&W south of Baldwinsville up across the river and to the mills in Baldwinsville.

Did the line ever extend all the way to Amboy? Where was the ROW? Thanks,

Charles
 #1547733  by lvrr325

Yes, it was finished.

There is a very straight line that can be followed in satellite images from roughly the west end of Camillus Airport, running northwest across Herman Rd, I-90 and up to Brickyard Road. There's a faint line in the trees aiming more northeast from here but it kind of ends.

If you go to historic aerials though and look at the 1956 view you can see more of it crossing 48 down through Benwood Auto Parts, although some of the middle is still absent. There's also maybe two ways it could have gone.

Somewhere there was details on it posted, either here or possibly on the EL email list, I know there's a few photos of B'ville in the photo archive and one shows the end terminal there in B-ville itself. Even that has changed a great deal with the canal moved south into the river channel.