Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1546594  by STrRedWolf

Does this mean some of the cleaning staff are cleaning while the train is moving? I'm kinda wondering the logistics that would entail, and how much cleaning staff is employed.

Although I also wonder about the homeless... and if they're separating the "intentionally homeless" (probably the 1% or less) from the "unintended homeless"...
 #1546743  by GirlOnTheTrain

STrRedWolf wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:27 pm Does this mean some of the cleaning staff are cleaning while the train is moving? I'm kinda wondering the logistics that would entail, and how much cleaning staff is employed.

Although I also wonder about the homeless... and if they're separating the "intentionally homeless" (probably the 1% or less) from the "unintended homeless"...
They have contractors come in and do car cleaning both in yards and at terminals to supplement the car cleaners who work for TA. Nobody is mopping the train as it's going down the road picking up employees at 3am. There are also contractor cleaners who come in and disinfect stations to supplement the station cleaners, who believe it or not are actually stretched pretty thin, since when they start screaming broke...guess which OT gets cut first? Cleaners!