Railroad Forums 

• Train schedule

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#147725  by pollard7545

I am seeking a schedule for the trains that ran from Red Bank to Bridgeton. I believe that the service stopped in the 40's. Can someone help me out?

#147800  by CNJFAN

Try looking on E-bay because I have seen schedules there for sale of CNJ routes a few times in the past.

#152548  by timz

What year do you want?
 #152904  by 1st Barnegat

pollard7545 wrote:I am seeking a schedule for the trains that ran from Red Bank to Bridgeton. I believe that the service stopped in the 40's. Can someone help me out?
According to the "Trail of the Blue Comet," by Christopher T. Baer, William J. Coxey, and Paul W. Schopp, published by the West Jersey Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society, the Bridgeton Accomodation was cut "back from Bridgeton to Winslow Junction effective March 23, 1926." This book shows several schedules depicting first and third class trains, of which the Bridgeton Accomodation was one, from Jersey City to Bridgeton (some even to Bayside) in 1906 and 1912. Also, CNJ Time Table 101 effective Sept. 30, 1934, shows a connecting service from the Blue Comet to Bridgeton via Motor Coach, stating "change at Hammonton to or from Motor Coach." Of course all passenger service on the CNJ's Southern Divsion west of Lakehurst toward Winslow Jct. ended with the demise of the Blue Comet in the fall of 1941.

The link for the book is here.