• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Coast Line Railfan

pumpers wrote:
Coast Line Railfan wrote:SA31 clear Bergen Place 16:28 with CSX 6160 and NS 5285 and 18 - 17 for Woodhaven and 1 for Bel-Ray.
Sounds like the spring building season is ramping up quickly.
Perhaps. The winter slowdown didn't really show except for that one week with 4452 either.
  by NJT4149

Here’s my video of SA-38 from this past Thursday night. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/bUgk6p9DH4o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by southern sec. kid

NJT4149 wrote:Here’s my video of SA-38 from this past Thursday night. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/bUgk6p9DH4o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nice video, love that Leslie horn. IMO they sound so much better than the Nathan horns.

Saw a comment on your video of someone saying they heard that 5285 came down the Southern today with a MOW train. Anyone Have any news on this? I'm off of work today so I'm currently trying to investigate! I'll see what I can find
  by RailsEast

"A friend in Tinton Falls saw a MOW train with new ties & rail heading towards Red Bank" (this would make the train eastbound). Hmm, sounds fishy; wouldn't a MOW train with new ties/rail head westbound from Red Bank 'to' Tinton Falls and points beyond?

As they say....."pictures, or it didn't happen".....

And, thanks for staying up late again, Donny....
  by southern sec. kid

If were being honest, the rails did look shiny even though it rained. HOWEVER, I checked the whole active portion of the Southern and found no sign of a train. Even hit every side street in Red Bank to get a better View of Red bank "Yard." My search came up inconclusive. However, my search led me to the Dubliner in Red Bank. After a few too many Guiness', my search will end in an Uber! LOL. see ya guys on Thursday
  by NJT4149

As I suspected from the beginning, the MOW train did not happen according to multiple sources...
  by RailsEast

BUT.....today the gates are down and the flashers are flashing at Shrewsbury Ave at 4:30 in the pm! Another MOW train?

(Ok, ok, no more rumors.....the gates are stuck down at Shrewsbury Ave, but this is a normal occurrence in snowy weather; 10 minute delay through the area)

Gotcha......
  by Coast Line Railfan

RailsEast wrote:BUT.....today the gates are down and the flashers are flashing at Shrewsbury Ave at 4:30 in the pm! Another MOW train?

(Ok, ok, no more rumors.....the gates are stuck down at Shrewsbury Ave, but this is a normal occurrence in snowy weather; 10 minute delay through the area)

Gotcha......
Lol
RailsEast wrote:BUT.....today the gates are down and the flashers are flashing at Shrewsbury Ave at 4:30 in the pm! Another MOW train?

Gotcha......
Also, why would there be a MoW train. They're ready to "cancel" it and grow some gardens on the roadbed . . . :wink:
  by NJT4149

The real train has permission to open up Church at 3:29 PM
Lined and locked normal 3:41 PM
  by Coast Line Railfan

6160 leading today
  by Coast Line Railfan

CSX 6160 +7, 6 for Woodhaven and 1 for Brick. Clear Bergen Place 16:27.
  by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

Clear of Sycamore Ave 4:37pm
  by NJT4149

Permission to open Church at 3:29 PM
  by Coast Line Railfan

Lined and Locked Normal 15:43.
  by Coast Line Railfan

CSX 4452 clearing Bergen Place 16:24. Friends say 13 cars in tow.