Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1500609  by Coast Line Railfan

pumpers wrote:
Coast Line Railfan wrote:SA31 clear Bergen Place 16:28 with CSX 6160 and NS 5285 and 18 - 17 for Woodhaven and 1 for Bel-Ray.
Sounds like the spring building season is ramping up quickly.
Perhaps. The winter slowdown didn't really show except for that one week with 4452 either.
 #1500978  by NJT4149

Here’s my video of SA-38 from this past Thursday night. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/bUgk6p9DH4o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1501045  by southern sec. kid

NJT4149 wrote:Here’s my video of SA-38 from this past Thursday night. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/bUgk6p9DH4o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nice video, love that Leslie horn. IMO they sound so much better than the Nathan horns.

Saw a comment on your video of someone saying they heard that 5285 came down the Southern today with a MOW train. Anyone Have any news on this? I'm off of work today so I'm currently trying to investigate! I'll see what I can find
 #1501052  by RailsEast

"A friend in Tinton Falls saw a MOW train with new ties & rail heading towards Red Bank" (this would make the train eastbound). Hmm, sounds fishy; wouldn't a MOW train with new ties/rail head westbound from Red Bank 'to' Tinton Falls and points beyond?

As they say....."pictures, or it didn't happen".....

And, thanks for staying up late again, Donny....
 #1501068  by southern sec. kid

If were being honest, the rails did look shiny even though it rained. HOWEVER, I checked the whole active portion of the Southern and found no sign of a train. Even hit every side street in Red Bank to get a better View of Red bank "Yard." My search came up inconclusive. However, my search led me to the Dubliner in Red Bank. After a few too many Guiness', my search will end in an Uber! LOL. see ya guys on Thursday
 #1501138  by NJT4149

As I suspected from the beginning, the MOW train did not happen according to multiple sources...
 #1501168  by RailsEast

BUT.....today the gates are down and the flashers are flashing at Shrewsbury Ave at 4:30 in the pm! Another MOW train?

(Ok, ok, no more rumors.....the gates are stuck down at Shrewsbury Ave, but this is a normal occurrence in snowy weather; 10 minute delay through the area)

Gotcha......
 #1501259  by Coast Line Railfan

RailsEast wrote:BUT.....today the gates are down and the flashers are flashing at Shrewsbury Ave at 4:30 in the pm! Another MOW train?

(Ok, ok, no more rumors.....the gates are stuck down at Shrewsbury Ave, but this is a normal occurrence in snowy weather; 10 minute delay through the area)

Gotcha......
Lol
RailsEast wrote:BUT.....today the gates are down and the flashers are flashing at Shrewsbury Ave at 4:30 in the pm! Another MOW train?

Gotcha......
Also, why would there be a MoW train. They're ready to "cancel" it and grow some gardens on the roadbed . . . :wink:
 #1501302  by NJT4149

The real train has permission to open up Church at 3:29 PM
Lined and locked normal 3:41 PM