Railroad Forums 

• Metro installing LED lighting in 6000 series cars

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1470840  by davinp

Here is another way Metro is trying to make the 6000 series look like the 7000 series.

They are installing energy efficient LED lighting in the 6000-series cars, which reduces energy consumption and provides superior lightning quality for customers.

Previously, there were testing removing the carpeting from the 6000-series cars. I've only seen a few of them with bare floors.

Back 2 Good April Update Page 7:
http://issuu.com/expressnightout/docs/e ... 0/60611924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1471570  by mtuandrew

I prefer the plastic floor 6000s to the carpeted ones - the noise increase is unnoticeable and they look much cleaner. Interested in seeing the LED lights too. As long as WMATA doesn’t feel like they need to convert to 7k-series seats, I’ll prefer the 6ks.