Railroad Forums 

• speeder

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#138435  by asdfjkl

ok, who had the white pickup pulling a speeder through danvers square about 6pm today? 'fess up and tell us where you went and if you got any good pics!

#138548  by SLR 393

See nerail for pics, assuming that is the one you saw.

#138682  by NellsChoo

I passed a real nice one once that was being towed on the highway. Whoever owns it takes very good care of it. It was pretty neat to see, though it wasn't "speeding" under its own power.

#138838  by asdfjkl

thanks for the link, that was it. danvers would be a great place to run a speeder, almost all the track is in great shape.......you would just need a chainsaw and a week to clear the brush.

#139007  by bshrdr

Chased a bunch of these guys back on May 15th running on the NECR mainline between Willimantic & New London, CT. Trip originated in Palmer, MA the previous day.

http://www.nanosphoto.com/gallery/displ ... hp?pos=-88

Photo was taken in Norwich, CT as the speeders were crossing the Yantic River at Indian Leap State Park.

They do run on active rails from time to time.

-Tom

#141420  by Dave Lieb

The speeders on NECR actually started in Barre on the Mass Central. I was in Palmer that day and watched them cross the diamond.

#141572  by Ken W2KB

Look to the left of this text. :wink:

#146130  by Pj

I am actually looking at buying one, just not sure how often trip are ran to determine if its worth the investment yet... Anyone really active in it?

#146164  by kwf

It looks like fun... :-D

#146200  by Engineer999

There is a motor car club in Wolfboro, NH. They have permission to use the former B&M Wolfboro Branch at any time, so the number of runs you can make is unlimited. Go to www.CVRTC.org

As a club member, you can also get involved in other maintenance activities on other RRs in the region using your motor car.

Once a year, there is a run on the Hobo RR from Lincoln, NH to Weirs Beach, about 34 miles each way. It's an organized, whole day event.

Finally, there is a NARCOA affiliate in RI that assembles trips all over the Northeast, some as long as a week. Go to http://www.narcoa.org/

It is allot of fun.

Engineer999