Railroad Forums 

• Question about a sign I saw on Conway Scenic

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#135840  by Malibu

I just have one for now, but I'm sure I'll have more later..... :-D

I was on the Conway Senic the other day and I noticed a yellow sign ( not the RR crossing one...) along the tracks. It was a rectangle and it was either pointing into the tracks or away from the tracks. Anyone know what it means?? If no one knows what I'm talking about I can try to describe it better but I'm hoping someone knows.

Last edited by Malibu on Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#135935  by SLR 393

If it was a small one, and nailed to a tree or a stake it may have been a snowmoblie trail marker. Just a thought.

#136114  by NellsChoo

Facing the tracks or not? Not on a switch stand, was it? Maybe those slanty looking flange markers? Or are those the whistle posts? I don't know... just a couple of suggestions... Old speed limit sign?

#136380  by Malibu

I actually have a picture of one... It's not on my computer yet but it might make it easier to identify.

I don't think it was a whistle sign because they had the white ones with the W on them for that. Unless it was an old whistle sign.......

Hopefully the picture will clarify everything... I'll have it up soon

Thanks guys :-D

Malibu

#136393  by SLR 393

Wonder if its a flanger sign....the photo will tell though! :-D

#136440  by Malibu

How would I go about posting a picture on here? Usually theres a little shortcut button for it but I don't see it here.

Malibu

#137912  by LIRRNOVA55

theres a flanger sign

#138970  by Malibu

Thats it!!! Only the one I saw was an orange yellow. What exactly is a flanger sign for?? I hope thats not an obviously dumb question :(

Malibu

#138975  by LIRRNOVA55

yup, some are orange/yellow/red ext
they tell a plow operator to lift the blade up for a switch/crossing ext as not to tear to hole blade off the car.
for more info check out my site, www.trainweb.org/rrsnowfighting

#139168  by Malibu

Thanks LIRRNOVA55. I'm glad you had a picture of it cuz for some reason I couldn't find the one I thought I had. Not that it's a life or death piece of information... I was just curious... and now I know. :-D

Thanks!

Malibu